Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Raindrops on Roses, Whiskers on Kittens...

It seems I either have nothing much to say, or I can't tame my scattered thoughts long enough to write a coherent sentence. So instead of my usual rambling musings, I thought I'd steal a cue from the old Julie Andrews song from the Sound of Music.

These are A Few of My Favorite Things, in no particular order:
  1. snow
  2. fireflies
  3. an expensive bottle of champagne - or an inexpensive bottle of Asti Spumante
  4. fresh peaches
  5. picking blackberries with my kids
  6. a perfectly broken-in pair of jeans
  7. Harry Potter books
  8. email - more immediate than a letter, but not exactly like a phone call where you have to pretty much stop what you're doing and focus on the conversation. Know what I mean?
  9. InStyle magazine - pure fluff: no true crime stories, no scary health articles, no 'how to save your relationship' articles - just eye candy
  10. dragonflies - we used to call them 'mosquito hawks' when we were little...
  11. looking for 4-leaf clovers
  12. 80's music for the memories
  13. chocolate (how did this end up so low on my list?)
  14. hunting for fossils in ordinary rocks with my boys
  15. waking up in the morning to find Zack, age 3, curled up in bed next to me (when did he sneak in?!)
  16. the sound of children laughing
  17. leaves changing color in the autumn - I'm going by memory here from my decade spent in Virginia. We don't have autumn in southeast Louisiana.
  18. perfume - esp. Burberry Brit and Angel by Thierry Mugler
  19. feeding ducks
  20. I love it when it rains when the sun is still shining.
  21. a really, really good hamburger
  22. Tab - remember the sickeningly sweet diet drink in the pink can? Yes, they still make it.
  23. reading a suspense-thriller novel
  24. staying up late, and sleeping in the next morning - the latter rarely happens.
  25. unsolicited hugs and kisses from my 3 yr old - and my 8 yr old for that matter (my 10 yr old isn't a big hugger)

More to come another time...

4 comments:

~d said...

I think the only one I never would have even considered is the one abt Rain and Sun. I remember when I was little "they" used to say it meant the Devil was mad at his wife. Funny, huh? Like when is the last time I thought of that???

Elle*Bee said...

I've never heard that expression! But yes, we had a rain shower last week while it the sun was shining and I didn't mind a bit. Gray clouds are sooo dreary.

Sugar said...

I like that! What better way than to borrow a line from the Sound of Music and I found that I like most all the things you do too. :)

Elle*Bee said...

Thanks, sugar! I figure next time I get writer's block, I can add to the list. :-)