Here's a glance back at my 2007 Resolutions. Let's see how I've done, shall we?
1) Lose weight. Yep. I lost 20 pounds with Weight Watches in the spring before hitting a plateau in May. The good news? With the exception of two little pounds that I keep gaining and losing, I've maintained my weight loss. I'm happy considering I stopped counting WeightWatchers "points" in September.
2) Exercise at least 3 times a week (my target is actually 5 days, but I'm trying to ease into it). I didn't do so well with this one. I've started exercising but I can't say I do it three times a week.3) Catch up on all the routine doctor's appointments I put off in 2006 (and 2005). I've been checked out, poked and prodded and given a clean bill of health.
4) Develop a plan of what I want to do when The Baby starts kindergarten in the fall (such as: do I want to work? part time or full time? or would I rather volunteer? take classes? do I turn my 2006 hobby into a little money-making enterprise?) Nope. I've never known what I want to be when I grow up. I don't know what made me think that I'd suddenly discover it when Son #3 headed off to school. I have done a little volunteering though - room mom duties mostly. I've made a list of classes I'd like to take, but I haven't actively pursued any yet.
Let's look back further to my 2006 resolutions:
" 1) lose weight - this has been on my list for the past 15 years
2) drink more water - this is from my 2005 list. I did really well for the first 4 months or so, but I didn't decrease the amount of Diet Coke. 44 oz of Diet Coke + 60 oz of water = a lotta time spent in the bathroom, so I ended up skipping the water.
3) drink less Diet Coke
4) pick a hobby and stick with it for the entire year "
I can honestly say that I've achieved all of my 2006 resolutions. Just not in 2006.
Stay tuned tomorrow (or the day after) for my 2008 resolutions.