I'm having a bit of a writer's block, so here are some random musings...
1. My favorite color is red.
2. I'm dieting - again. This is unusual since it seems that I only diet in months containing the letter 'r'.
3. I don't dress my age. I've blogged about this.
4. On a related note, my mother dresses me. I think I've blogged about this as well. My mom, bless her heart, is a mall rat and is always buying stuff for me on sale.
5. I like shopping for home improvement stuff as much as I like shopping for cosmetics, shoes and handbags. I don't like to shop for jeans (see #2).
6. I was baptized six years ago.
7. I love chocolate.
8. I make beaded jewelry (I've blogged about this, too.)
9. I love my three boys. Four, if you count their dad.
10. I never wished for a girl.
11. I like 80's music
12. I probably know the theme song to every stupid sitcom from the 70's.
13. I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, for which I do not take medication. I haven't ruled it out for the future, but as a stay-home mom, I don't find that it's necessary. Son#1 also has ADHD.
14. I have light brown eyes. I think brown eyes is a dominant trait, yet all 3 of my boys have their dad's blue eyes (recessive trait).
15. I have dark brown hair. How dark depends on how well I'm hiding the increasing number of gray strands. Dark hair is another dominant trait. My three boys inherited their dad's dark blond hair (another recessive trait).
16. When I'm with my kids, I look like the nanny. Remember the old Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same." That would be me.
17. Since my kids didn't inherit my dominant genes, I hope they inherit my coronary arteries.
18. My favorite TV Show is 'Grey's Anatomy'. I also like 'Lost' but the second season started to bore me.
19. I'm a night owl. So is Son#1. He and I stay up late on weeknights (during the summer) and watch reruns of 'Seinfeld', 'Becker', 'Frasier' and 'Yes, Dear'. Thankfully so much of it is over Son#1's head.
20. The ages of my friends range from 26 to 81. No kidding.
21. I like to browse eBay. I scan the auctions, but also some of the discussion boards.
22. I like blogging more than I thought I would.
23. I once decided my kitchen was a mess and instead of cleaning the stove, I repainted the entire room.
24. My master bathroom is a mess. Rather than cleaning the toilet, tomorrow I think I'll replace the faucet in the sink.
25. I shouldn't play favorites, but I really enjoy the company of our greyhound more than I do our beagle. The greyhound is very mellow, the beagle is very hyper.
26. I sometimes think I ruined Son#3. He's the first one I've stayed home with since birth and boy, is he a handful! My other two who were in daycare at least part time when they were babies turned out just fine (so far - knock wood).
27. I didn't watch 'Ally McBeal' often when it was on TV, but I did see one episode where she said that everyone should pick a theme song. I can't remember what hers was - something empowering, I think. My theme song would be 'Fat Bottom Girls' by Queen.
28. Speaking of songs, 'Kung Fu Fighting' - who can NOT smile when that stupid song comes on?
29. I'm very detail-oriented. Would that be anal-retentive or obsessive-compulsive?
30. I love to sing. I stink at it. No kidding. I took voice lessons for a time - just for fun. My vocal coach, a former broadway actress, said that I had good range and great lung capacity. "It's too bad you just don't have a good voice...." We both got a laugh.
31. I don't like to dance. I stink at it, too.
32. I've lived in Louisiana, Michigan and Virginia.
33. I've never been outside North America. I've been to Canada twice (Niagara Falls and Windsor) and Cancun eight times (before it became a spring break destination).
34. I have a bachelors in Communications and a masters in Organizational Development.
35. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
36. My alma mater, George Mason University, made it to the Final Four this year. I don't really like basketball.
37. I have no tattoos. I've considered getting one, but I'm pretty fickle. I'd love it today and hate it tomorrow.
38. I've worn pantyhose twice in four and a half years.
39. Other than for the births of my three babies (I've blogged two out of three), I've never been hospitalized.
40. I was a late bloomer.
41. Someday, I'd like to visit Scotland and the Tuscan Region of Italy.
42. I drink way too much Diet Coke, and not enough water.
43. I hate cockroaches.
44. I have excellent hearing. Sometimes it comes in handy, like when I can hear the mail truck a block away and I'm reminded to run out and put my bills in the mailbox. (hey ~d, Norbert is back on our route). Other times my bionic ears can be a nuisance.
45. I come from a small family (one living parent, one sibling) and we're scattered across the country.
46. I'm not athletic, but I'm handy around the house when it comes to assembling furniture, and fixing things.
47. I love gardening. I have a black thumb.
48. Besides being a night owl, I'm also a bit of an insomniac. I just read an article that talks about how insomnia can exacerbate the symptoms of ADHD.
49. I'm having trouble with the whole 'love thy neighbor' concept. At least literally. The neighbors two doors down drive me nuts.
50. I'm very nearsighted. So is Son#1. I wear contacts, he wears glasses.