Thursday, June 21, 2007

Woo Hoo, We're Going to the Finals!

By "we," I mean Son #2's baseball team, the Pirates. Tonight they beat the #1 ranked team, 7 to 3. The final tournament game is Saturday afternoon. Our team will play either the #2 or the #3 ranked team, depending on which of those two win their game Friday night.

Our team was ranked #5 (out of 10). We lost our first 5 or 6 games and then somehow found their groove and have only lost one game in the past 8 or 9 games.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the entire game. The family was invited to the birthday party of a close friend's child. Dear Hubby and Son #1 can't go because they'll be driving home from Tennessee that day. I initially said that Sons #2 & 3 and I would make an appearance, but there's no way I'd make Son #2 miss his final playoff game of the season. Son #3 and I will attend the party, although my heart will be elsewhere of course.

PawPaw will be there to cheer Son #2 on. Truth be told, he usually makes his best plays when I've got my back turned or when I'm chatting and not paying attention. Following that logic, he should have an amazing game. Ha ha!

WOO HOO! GO PIRATES!

4 comments:

Full-On-Forward said...

Arrrrr Arrrrrrrr!!

Go Pirates!

LOL

J

Sue said...

Sorry I missed this on Thursday - how'd they do??

Nadine said...

Congratulations to Son #2 - Go Pirates!!!!

Elle*Bee said...

thanks, john, it was fun to be the Pirates b/c there's stuff all over the place with the motif, esp. thanks to the release of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. We had our Pirates flags, banners, temporary tattoos, and yes, hats and hoop earrings for a couple of our coaches.

sue, they didn't win the Big Game on Saturday, but they were rightfully pleased with having made it that far. True champs. (And they did get a 2nd place trophy.).

Thanks, nadine!