I've been tagged by ~d. She has assigned me a letter and I'm supposed to list 10 things that start with that letter and explain them. If you'd like to play along (although I realize that several of my readers also read ~d's blog), let me know by posting a comment and I will assign you a letter.
My letter is C
1. Chocolate. Anyone who knows me wouldn't be surprised. This is my all time favorite food group. I gave up chocolate for Lent and since then, my craving hasn't been as strong. But I still love it.
2. Coffee. I only like two varieties: Irish and Iced Cafe Mocha (see #1 above).
3. Cat. I have a soon-to-be 17 year old male mixed breed cat. His name is Sebastian and he's part tabby, part Siamese. I adopted him when he was born at the apartment we rented in Kenner, La. He's moved with us to Alexandria and Annandale (both in Virginia), back to La. (Metairie), and now to our present location. He was an indoor cat - terrified of outdoors - until 2 years ago when he decided he'd rather live in my garden. I think he's has the equivalent of kitty Alzheimer's. He no longer cares about his appearance so he's a kitty with dreadlocks. I managed to shave about half the matted hair off his body. The rest will have to wait until he's in a better mood. Me on the porch shaving a cat. What must the neighbors think?
4. Cuts and Scrapes. There's a lot of that going around my house. Since yesterday, Son #1 cut his finger (the worst papercut I've seen!), Son #2 fell outside and skinned both knees and an elbow, and Son #3 bumped his head on the footboard of my bed and has a nasty scalp wound. A lot of Crying, and I feel like I should just wrap them in Cotton, but I won't use two C's on those.
5. Clairol Natural Instincts. Time for a root touch-up which I'll do in a few minutes.
6. Coyote. As in Turquoise Coyote, a bead shop in Pontchatoula, La. They have, in my opinion, the best prices on beads and jewelry making supplies in the area. I need to plan another trip there. It's a bit of a a drive from where I live, and I need to bring reinforcements (i.e. another person) to keep Son #3 entertained. The old 'bull in the china shop' probably wouldn't compare to a 4-yr old in a bead shop!
7. Church. Dear Hubby and I volunteer with a couple of different things at our church and enjoy it. I converted to Catholicism - another C - six years ago. (That's another story for another day.) There's a lot of Catholic-bashing in the media these days. I won't say that some of it is without merit. But I've always found it hard to believe that ALL people who belong to a certain group are BAD (with the possible exception of a few radical groups that promote genocide, but that's just my opinion). I'll save the soap box for another day...
8. Crap Shoot. It's said that life is one.
9. Comic Relief. That's Son #2 right now. He's watching cartoons in the living room which is all of 15 feet from where I'm sitting in the kitchen so I can hear the TV. Someone on the tube will say something amusing and Son #2 will come in the kitchen and act out the scene for me, complete with funny voices. In most instances, he's even better than the TV program.
10. Cinnamon Rolls. Dear Hubby made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Son #3 doesn't like the white icing on his, so Son #1 and #2 argue over who gets the extra icing on their cinnamon rolls. Time was, not long ago, that I would've been jockeying for the extra icing myself. Maybe I'm maturing? Nah...
Okay, who's next?