Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Year's Resolutions: Update

Here's an update for my resolutions for 2006:

1) lose weight - I've lost four pounds this past week, for a total of...four pounds. I really didn't start trying in earnest until last week. I've begun counting Weight Watchers points, altho' I haven't joined WW. I'm using my sister-in-law's books from last winter. Giving up chocolate for Lent is helping, I think. I also began working out two weeks ago to a Pilates DVD I really like. It's a series of 10 minute workouts. Most days, I combine two of the workouts. Even on my worst day, though, I can squeeze in a 10-minute workout.

2) drink more water - not too good here...

3) drink less Diet Coke - I'm down to 32 oz a day, instead of my usual 44 oz. It's a wonder I haven't grown a third arm from my forehead with all the chemicals that stuff contains!

4) pick a hobby and stick with it for the entire year - My neighbor taught me to make beaded jewelry and I had fun with that, but I haven't done much lately. I need to stock up on my supplies. I wouldn't say I've given up yet...

Our family resolutions are:
1) less yelling - this past weekend was a tough one...better this week
2) pray the rosary as a family once a week - oops!
3) set aside time at least once a week to play a board game as a family - not regularly, so this is still a work-in-progress.


Finally, today's Deep Thought:
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

2 comments:

~d said...

hahaha, collect the whole set. Yeah, I feel like cutting out chocolate has helped me drop a pound or two- and that is without the pilates...

GOOD FOR YOU !!!

Elle*Bee said...

I really think this is going to work if I just stick with it. A couple of eBay boardies started a shape up for spring/summer chat group, so I'll visit that from time to time. Morale support and all that...