Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's been one of those weeks.

I wish I could say I've been so busy doing exciting, glamorous things that I haven't had the chance to blog. No such luck. I have a bunch of projects started, but I haven't managed to complete a single one. I'm also reading three different books, again, I haven't completed a single one.

My attention span is just all over the place (and usually not on the task I'm attempting to do at that very moment).

A brief recap: My birthday was last week. I came out of denial long enough to enjoy presents and a barbecue at my father-in-law's house. My big gift from Dear Hubby and the boys was a bicycle. I haven't ridden one since before Son #1 was born! That at least gets me out of the house occasionally (well, that and shopping).

I'm trying to finish reading my Gardening in Louisiana book so I can develop a real plan. It's a handy book that gives you a month-by-month breakdown of what I should be doing when. Of course, I decided that I want to replace my garden lights and that should be done before I even start planning (and using all the gardening goodies that was in the auction basket I won).

A friend and I also took a knitting class at Michael's Craft Store. It was fun. We learned to "cast on," "knit," and "purl." Unfortunately we ran out of time so we never quite learned how to end a project ("cast off") - hence my second book, The Idiot's Guide to Knitting. I'm midway through my first project. A bookmark for Son #1. (Did I mention it was a beginner's class?)

My long time readers (okay, reader) may know that I also make beaded jewelry. (Click here for a previous post, including photos.) I'm trying to learn how to take good digital photos that show true color so I can perhaps list some pieces on www.etsy.com (a site for handmade items.) Besides the photos, I've opened a separate bank account so I can sell online and accept PayPal. I got the idea from Jen (blog title: The Wilson Six). She has an Etsy shop with really cute items. (Shameless plug alert! Here's a link to her Etsy shop.) She's been a great help answering my questions.

That's really all I've been up to. Trying to get organized. Hopefully, I'll have something more interesting to report later.

3 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! If I had your address I would have sent a card! Hint hint (I love sending good mail)

I have about 6 books next to my bed, three piles of clean laundry, beds that need to be made...oh the list goes on. And here I am on the computer reading blogs!! I think blog reading keeps me sane!

Thanks for the plug on your blog! Can't wait to see your Etsy Shop!

Sue said...

Happy belated birthday Elle!

I am sad to report that since I got my iPod my brain has turned into major fluff (fluffier than normal even) and I haven't been reading...I need to start reading again. Books are your friends.

Pictures of the garden projects! We need pictures!

Elle*Bee said...

Aw, thank you, Jen. I'll send you my address for next year. :-) I love writing good old fashioned handwritten notes, but I don't have it together enough to buy event-specific cards. I had a card organizer once, but I can't buy generic cards for people. I have to browse each card with a specific person in mind. And with my attention span.... (I know what you mean about blogging keeps you sane.)

Sue, I still haven't played along with the iPod meme, because I'm entirely too embarrassed by what's on it. I'm the Queen of Fluff.