Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Summer Vacation is Winding Down...

Sons #1&2 return to school on Monday, August 14th. They'll be in 6th and 4th grades, respectively. This will be a new school for Son #2. It's called a 'middle school' but it covers grades 4-6. In our area, Elementary school is K-3, Middle school is 4-6, Junior high is 7&8, and High school is 9-12. Seems strange to me, but I think it has to do with the population in our area.

The class listings will be posted on August 10 so we can go the school and check to see which classes the sons will be in. Son #1 isn't so interested in who his teacher will be, but rather will he have to indure another year with The Pest (a kid who has been in Son #1's class for the past two years). At different times, Son #1 and The Pest have tried to be friends, but they just get on each other's nerves.

Son #2 is looking forward to school, Son #1 less so. Son #1 will miss his late night TV viewing with Mom, I think. Today, my father-in-law took us all to lunch at IHOP to celebrate our last week of summer vacation. Two uncles, one aunt, two cousins, my three boys and I.

Afterward, I took my three to get their hair cut. Yes, even Son #3 who will again be homeschooled for pre-K gets a back-to-school haircut (and brand new school supplies).

Other than camp for Sons #1&2, and my trip to visit my mother, it's been a pretty relaxing, quiet summer.

Thought for the day: A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. :-)

No comments: