Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Magnetic Hiney?

The Little Guy, who is 4, was taking his bath this evening. He stated rather succinctly that I was NOT going to wash his hair. I assured him that I would indeed shampoo his hair. No, you're not, he says. Am too. Am not. And so forth.

Meanwhile the wheels are turning.

"You're not going to wash my hair, because I'm gonna jump out of here naked, run and put my clothes on, and put magnets on my butt, and jump on the sofa and you won't be able to pick me up."

I have to admit: it sounds like a pretty good plan. Except that we don't have a stainless steel sofa.

I won on principle (he did relent and let me shampoo his hair). However, he wins the prize for creativity.

Here's a thought of the day:

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

3 comments:

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

The Kid is neat.

Tha gag ("round is a shape") is a bit worn by now.

And you are SO politically correct it cracks me up.

Lala's world said...

oh that is TOO funny!! he really said that???!!! my kids all went thru stages of not wanting me to wash their hair.....but I constantly tell them that I am more stubborn then they are!!! sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't!

Elle*Bee said...

Yes, arthur, I probably am PC - I've mellowed over the years, that's for sure.

Lala, he said every word of it. All of my kids know that I'm stubborn. Only Son #1 comes close to matching my persistence.