Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Beast on A&E

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a Patrick Swayze fan. I loved, loved, loved 'Dirty Dancing' ("Nobody puts Baby in the corner."), cried during "Ghost," scratched my head at "Red Dawn," and cringed during "Roadhouse." So it was with a heavy heard that I learned about his battle with pancreatic cancer.

Throughout filming of his new A&E series, The Beast, he's been undergoing treatment for cancer. I've been watching the previews and in my opinion, he looks thin, but otherwise well. I can't help but wishing the best for him and his wife of many years. He's one of those actors who always brings a smile to my face. (Perhaps it's because for a few years he stood nearly life sized, along side Jennifer Grey, in the corner of my bedroom - thanks to Tommy at the video store who scored me an extra large movie display.)

Anyway, I'll be watching the premiere on January 15th. Here's a link to A&E's website, if you're interested: The Beast on A&E.

Leave a comment and tell me about your favorite movie/movie star.

3 comments:

Lala's world said...

I have always been a fan too, I loved the city of joy too! but dirty dancing did it for me too, nobody puts baby in a corner!
I'll have to watch it, I too am hoping that he pulls through!

Nadine said...

My favorite movie star is Cary Grant. He's long gone, but I do like Patrick. I loved him in North & South television mini series.

Elle*Bee said...

lala, I had forgotten about City of Joy. I'll have to see if it's available to rent.

nadine, I really like Cary Grant too. North by Northwest was on TV night before last.