Monday, November 06, 2006

Halloween 2006



The white Clone Trooper is Son #1 (age 11), Darth Vader is Son #2 (age 9) and the one who bucked the Star Wars theme is Son #3 (age 4) - he is a Mystic Force Power Ranger. They had a nice time trick or treating in our neighborhood. Dear Hubby stayed at home to keep an eye on things (just a tad suspicious of the teen who lives a couple of houses down - if you've been following my blog, you'll understand why). We don't usually get many trick or treaters at our house since we live on a one-block, unlit, dead-end street. This year was no exception. The rest of the neighborhood, however, really gets into Halloween. I sorted the kids' candy, keeping the bubble gum and the pitifully few Almond Joys for myself (the boys don't like coconut).

5 comments:

Elle*Bee said...

No, I really don't dress up. I do, however, have a pair of monarch butterfly wings that I wear each Halloween with whatever clothes I happen to be wearing earlier in the day.

Lala's world said...

I think I get more excited about the candy then they do!!!

Farm Girl said...

What a great Mom you are taking those Almond Joys off their hands. It's a tough job but someone has to do it :-)

Sue said...

Just the Almond Joys? They look like they wouldn't like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups either...

Excellent costumes.

Elle*Bee said...

You ladies are too funny! I like Mounds too (I love dark chocolate), but they didn't get a single Mounds this year. One Almond Joy each. Only Son #2 likes bubble gum, so I was able to snag a good portion of that. They got a lot of things like Now & Laters, Jolly Ranchers, Tootsie Pops, which I don't care for. Son #1 did go through all 3 buckets and hid all the Kit Kats. When I told him that I didn't realize he liked Kit Kats, he 'fessed up: This girl on the bus that he fancies loves Kit Kats. (sigh - I'm and SO not ready for this).