Friday, January 11, 2008

Resolutions, Schmesolutions!

No, I haven't given up on my resolutions. Clearly, I'm struggling with #3 (journaling/blogging more regularly). And I'm not exactly on track with #1 (continue to lose weight) - thank you, Mother! She doesn't eat sweets as a rule so she decided to share - via shipping a large box UPS - of the cookies, candies, etc., she may have received during the holiday. Everything dark chocolate has been consumed (by me) and Dear Hubby, the kids and I (mostly I) are working our way through the milk chocolate. (sigh)

Tomorrow Dear Hubby and I are going to spend the day in the Big City, playing tourist. Afterwards, we'll attend his office's post-holiday cocktail party. Definitely not a day to count Weight Watchers points. We'll stay overnight Saturday. The kids will spend the night at my father-in-law's house. It's become an anniversary tradition of sorts.

Our 18th wedding anniversary was on Sunday, January 6th. Yesterday was the 21st anniversary of when we started dating. And our best man* said it wouldn't last. ha ha.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

* He actually said that to Dear Hubby's sister at our wedding. He had room to talk! His own 2 and a half year first marriage was breaking up at the time and he was chasing all of my bridesmaids. He eventually remarried, had children, divorced a second time and last we heard - back in 1999 - was engaged again. He asked Dear Hubby to be his best man at wedding #3 and then we never heard from him again. Would it be awful if I said I was somewhat relieved?

5 comments:

Lala's world said...

oh man that is too ironic about the best man!! congrats on your anniversary!!
I discovered something way too good to be legal...called Sweet Georgia Browns by Purdy's....salty nuts with caramel and chocolate... need I say more?

Nadine said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. You know Tom & I still celebrate our dating anniversary (30 years next month) and wedding (27 in June). I'm glad to see others do the same.

Elle*Bee said...

oh, lala, that sounds yummy! Where did you ever find them?

nadine, we don't make as big a fuss over the dating anniversary since it's only four days after the wedding anniversary but we do acknowledge it - usually with a lunch out or something.

Sue said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!! You must have been a child bride : ) !!

I hope you and hubby had (have?) a wonderful time in the big city..

Elle*Bee said...

Thank you, sue, for the compliment (not quite, but I guess technically Dear Hubby was a Child Groom!), and the good wishes. We did have a very nice time.