I love lists and action plans, so it's only natural that I like New Year's Resolutions. (Note: "liking" and "following" them are not the same thing.)
Here are my resolutions for 2008:
1) Continue on my weight loss quest. I'd like to lose the final 10-15 pounds. I'm going to establish mini-benchmarks along the way. For example, I'd like to lose 5 by my birthday at the end of February, another 5 by end of June and then evaluate whether or not I want to lose more.
2) Exercise at least 3 times a week. I'd like to work up to this by April 1st and maintain it as a minimum for the remainder of the year.
3) Journal or blog more regularly.
4) Read the Bible. A couple of years ago, I bought Dear Hubby a one-year Bible for a birthday gift. It gives you a daily reading comprising an Old Testament reading, a New Testament reading, a reading from Proverbs or Psalms, and finally a reading from one of the 7 books included in the Catholic Bible but not in the Bibles of other Christian denominations. The theory is if you spend 20-30 minutes reading the daily passage, by Dec. 31st you'll have read the entire Bible. I started it once but only made it 7 months into it. This year, I'm starting fresh and hope to finish.
5) Take 2 creative arts related classes this year. Tap into my inner artist.
I feel like I'm missing one. If it comes to mind, I'll update my post. Wish me luck!
I hope you and yours have a blessing-filled 2008!