Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogger Reflection Award



John McElveen awarded me with this honor. Me. My little blog. Awwwww, what a terrific compliment - one that I'm happy to "pay forward."



Here's how it works:

1. Copy these rules into your own post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.


Description/Definition:


"This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them."

And my selections are [drumroll please]:

1. Nadine. Her writing is very inspiring. What I love most is that she draws the most incredible analogies from the seemingly innocuous, everyday stuff. Who else would make such a wonderful connection between the new Transformers movie and how we are called to transform ourselves in God's love. Her posts are filled with powerful stuff. I have ADHD so it's often hard for me to just sit and reflect. Her blog regularly gives me a nice little "jumping off" point for my reflection.

2. Lala. I've been following her blog for about a year now. She writes from the heart about her day-to-day life, and although she's experienced some very difficult times, she's determined to live a Life Full of Grace (blog's tag line). Never preachy, just grateful.

3. BehavenPaPa. He is Lala's father. His blog details his many travels, which include the work he does for others in God's name. Very educational, extremely fascinating stuff. His earlier posts about Beijing and Romania are among my favorites, and although I may not have posted a comment on his blog recently, I do still read it often.

I'm going to stop at these three. I know the rules say to list 5, but if I wait until I have a chance to ponder the many, many blogs I read, I'll probably never get around to posting this (darn, ADHD!).

Anyway, check them out! Tell them Elle says "hello."





7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

THATS GREAT HOW ARE YA?

Full-On-Forward said...

Welcome Home elle!!!

There's NO place like Home! Amen?

John

Lala's world said...

oh thank you so very much.. I am totally honored!! so glad that we met in blogland!! hugs

KAYLEE said...

your kids start school the dayy i get to have heart surgery?!?! nio fair id rather be at school:)

Nadine said...

Congratulations to you. What an honor for you to think of me this way. Thank you so very much.

You deserve this award for the way you share from your heart. I love coming here and reading your posts. I'm very happy to have met you through blogland.

I know I'm supposed to pay it forward, but because I'm a pastor's wife there is no way someone in my church would not get hurt - too many of them blog now. I have won this away before so thank you for this honor again.

Sue said...

Congratulations Elle!

Elle*Bee said...

Hi Kaylee, all's well here. Yes, my older two kids start school on the day of your surgery, but I won't forget to say an extra prayer for you that day. Hope you're feeling well.

Amen, john!

Hi Lala, I really do enjoy your blog (and your dad's - I'm living vicariously through his travels. LOL)

Thank you, nadine and sue!