Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Cleaning

There's not much to blog about these days. I've been doing a little spring cleaning. Weekend before last, I sanded, primed, and painted our door frame (it was peeling terribly). This past weekend, we borrowed a friend's pressure washer and cleaned our exterior siding. I plan to buy my own pressure washer but now I can put that off another 9-12 months. I also know, thanks to my neighbor, what type of pressure washer (how much psi, for example) I want.

My sister-in-law loaned us her little inexpensive pressure washer once, but honestly, I could spit with more force than that thing generated.

We're considering replacing our front door (which is steel and rusting slightly). Of course, this will mean we'll have to rip up all that newly painted moulding that I worked so hard on weekend before last. Clearly I do not have a well thought out plan.

Gardening is up next. There's a nursery that will help me come up with a plan if I bring them measurements and photos of my garden space.

Meanwhile all is quiet between Son #1 and Bully. Hope it stays that way.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Want to come to Connecticut and do some spring cleaning here? ; )

Hopefully things stay quiet between Son #1 and the bully.

And take before/after pictures of the gardening...

Nadine said...

I'm glad it's quite between your son and the bully.

That comment about you could spit farther - too funny.

Elle*Bee said...

sue, if you don't have hurricanes in Connecticut, I might consider making it a permanent gig. :-) Good idea about the pix.

nadine, I keeping my fingers crossed, but they do have two months left of school. That doesn't sound like much, but a lot can happen in two months.