Monday, September 18, 2006

A Nice Weekend...

This makes up for the crappy day I had last Tuesday. It was a nice, generally quiet weekend in our household. Friday was a blur - I can't remember a darn thing that went on.

On Saturday, Son #2 played his second baseball game of the season. His team won, primarily by walking and stealing bases. I'm told that this is pretty typically for the first season of kid-pitched ball. They're getting used to pitching, swinging at balls pitched by kids who are also new to pitching, learning to steal bases and bunt, and adjusting to a larger playing field.

Son #2 was walked to first base, managed to steal second, and then later on snuck past third and stole home. His team is 1-1 right now. They lost their first game (last Saturday) and was rained out on Tuesday night's game.

After the game, we took a leisurely drive around town. Dear Hubby and I were checking out various neighborhoods and trying to get a feel for the real estate market. Our evening plans, dinner with another family, were canceled because the other family's son was ill.

On Sunday, Dear Hubby and I went to an Open House in our neighborhood, then to his dad's house (also in our neighborhood) for a barbecue. His sister, Son #1 and I left early because I teach Son #1's 6th grade CCD (Catechism) class on Sunday evenings and I recruited Sis-in-law #2 to assist me. It went well. Dear Hubby and my other kids met us at Church and we attended 7:30 p.m. Mass.

Not exciting, not particularly eventful, not a lot of running around, just a nice weekend.

7 comments:

Lala's world said...

wow sounds busy! good for you for teaching catacism.....my hubby went thru that as a kid too! very valuable to learn!

Elle*Bee said...

Actually, this weekend seemed less busy that usual. Makes for a dull blog, though. (LOL) Dear Hubby taught for a few years. I taught Son #2's 2nd grade class a few years back. It was nice, but I swore I was finished. I'm a softie, though. I hope you're settling in to the new house.

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

My daughter was in softball this past summer, and that's how their games went. Walk walk walk walk, makes for a long boring game...but they ahve fun, and they're learning how to play.

Elle*Bee said...

Yep, flip flop mamma, it's *exactly* like that. The first game was two-innings long (that took an hour and 15 minutes). I hope this evening's game is a little more action-packed. ;-)

~d said...

You know, elle* that is the way I felt about this past weekend, too. Just a NICE weekend!
Hurrah!

Lala's world said...

hey there, just thought I would let you know that I tagged you on my blog!

Elle*Bee said...

~d, glad you had a good one too.

lala, I'll check it out!