Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Want a Personality Transplant!!!

Sadly this is so me!

Slow and Steady

Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy.

They see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder.

It'd really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment.

They expect you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then usually decide against it.


What can I say? When Dear Hubby and I were trying to decided whether to move back to our home state, I actually created a spreadsheet of pros and cons - AND assigned a numerical weight to them.

Pros for Louisiana: affordable real estate, my husband's large family
Cons for Louisiana: cockroaches, crooked politics, the humidity is awful for my hair!

Pros for Virginia: I love snow! Better public education system, my mom
Cons for Virginia: Very expensive real estate, very crowded (just outside Washington, DC)

On paper, moving back to Louisiana seemed like a stupid move. But as blogthings suggested, I disgarded all the data and went with my husband's "gut". I wish I had an instinct. Even just one. Haven't regretted it, although I do miss Va.

2 comments:

~d said...

wow. I wish I had somewhere to miss.

Elle*Bee said...

I'm glad I do. Of course, "they" (whoever that is) say that all Louisiana natives eventually return home...