Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm the best wife ever!

Not only did I buy my husband and I each a mini laptop for Christmas/Anniversary (so he doesn't have to share with the boys anymore!), but I managed to -- get this -- download printer drivers so I can print from our existing printer (Lexmark Prevail Pro 705).  

Not so simple, though, as our new laptops run Windows 8 and Lexmark hasn't updated the drivers for Windows 8 (boo!).  Nevertheless, thanks to "John" at Lexmark TechSupport, I learned how to download the most recent driver (Windows 7) and adjust the compatibility.  All without throwing the darn Lexmark printer out the window.  Yoo Hoo!

Seriously "John" emailed me the instructions.  Sooooo simple.  I wonder why they couldn't just post them on the Lexmark site.   Nah, that would be too easy.

No comments: