Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm going gray! - Intro

Those of you who know me in person are probably thinking, "so, what's new? You've been going gray and trying to hide it for years" Well, that may be....

However, I'm seriously considering giving up the bottle. The bottle of haircolor, that is. Until recently, I've been using a semi-permanent hair color to cover my roots (usually Natural Instincts, or ION demi permanent), but being semi-permanent, it fades quickly. More and more so, it seems. Plus my hair grows pretty fast so viola! Nearly a half inch of silver roots after 2 to 3 weeks. (Permanent color is a no-no for me. I'll explain in a future post.)

Since I've started flirting with the idea of growing au naturel, my Gray-dar is in full swing. Suddenly I'm noticing some beautiful heads of silvery hair -- and not all are attached to the elderly.

Can I - will I - really do it? I'd like to think so, but eh, I'm fickle. Stay tuned. And yes, there will be photos. Scary, scary photos! :-D

No comments: