Deena (check out her fun blog, Junk in the Trunk) tagged me several days ago to do the 8 Random Things About Me meme...
Here's how it works:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are my 8 Random Things--
1) I like shopping at home improvement stores as much as I like shopping at the mall.
2) I once repainted the entire kitchen because I wasn't in the mood to clean the stove.
3) I have three boys (which most of you know), but I have never felt a strong yearning for a girl. Of course, if God had so blessed me, I'd be happy, but I've never craved 'pink.'
4) My first - and perhaps favorite - car was a 1976 dark olive green Ford Granada. My dad bought it (used) for my 16th birthday. I drove it for 9 years. Ah, the memories.
5) While I don't especially like snakes, spiders or rats, it's cockroaches that would have me running and shrieking.
6) I love snow! Living in southeast Louisiana, we only see a couple of flakes every decade or so, but when I lived in the D.C. area, I loved making snow angels during my lunch break. Then I'd return to my cubicle and admire my handiwork from the 6th floor window.
7) My handwriting changes with my mood. I try to keep my signature consistent for obvious reasons, but my penmanship varies widely. If I had criminal tendencies, I'd be a master forger. Fortunately, I'm too honest for that.
8) My mom and dad disagreed on what to name me. My mom liked the name "Dixie Lee" (why, oh why, mother?). Actually if I recall correctly, that was Bing Crosby's wife's name. My dad thought it sounded like a stripper's name. I have to back him up on that. :-) It very well might have been the only disagreement with my mother that he ever won.
So there you have it. I'm not going to tag anyone specifically since many of you already read Deena's blog and she already tagged you. However, if you want to play along, create a post on your blog and leave me a comment letting me know to check it out.