Monday, July 18, 2011

Going Gray - Week 8

It's been a while since I wrote about my battle with the bottle -- the bottle of hair dye, that it -- so I thought I'd post an update, along with a photo. GASP! You're probably wondering, what are you thinking?!! Sometimes, I wonder that myself. To learn more about what's motivating, click here.

So far, only one person I know has commented (at least to my face) about my silver roots, and that's because I told her a while ago I was doing this. Everyone else is too polite, it seems.

I'm not sure how I plan to transition, though. I don't mind cutting my hair shorter, but the pixie cut is out of the question. The only reason I'm hanging on to the length now is because I've been pulling it back into a ponytail or bun in an effort to camouflage the skunk stripe (as if!). Maybe a few well-placed ultra-light highlights will help?

One plus: my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin is doing much, much better since I've stopped coloring my hair. Go figure.

No comments: