Thursday, October 09, 2008

Ah, Relief!

I've been using the prednisone drops for two weeks to reduce inflammation due to Dry Eye Syndrome and this week I started the prescription med, Restasis. Aaaahhhh, relief. My eyes rarely felt dry, but occasionally they would burn a bit (I attributed this to allergies, though).

I'm optimistic that I might be able to get back into my contact lenses yet. The diminished vision in my left eye has resolved itself - thank goodness. (The realization that your very strong glasses are not helping one eye at all was kind of scary.) But enough about that....

Interesting things I've heard recently:

* From a video recorded at Boy Scout camp in June, and shown at last week's Boy Scout Court of Honor - family and friends present:

Scouts singing American Idol style. One scout is a songwriter, too, as he warbles, "W is for Wine that gets you drunk - no offense, Mom!" Roars of laughter from the audience, which the possible exception of one mother who may not have been amused. (I'd like to point out that the scout was not one of *my* son's.)

* Following Son #3's baseball game (ages range from 6 to 8). After the game, the team has a brief recap. Afterwards, all the players put in their hand and on the count of three yell a cheer - Coach lets one player select the cheer.

Coach: Okay, (name), you pick out cheer.
Player: (inaudible)
Coach: Really?
Player: (inaudible)
Coach: Okay, then..... on the count of three.... ONE....TWO....THREE!
Team: HALLELUJAH!

Do you think they were excited about their first win in a long time?

I hope everyone is having a great week. The kids are off of school tomorrow because of Records Day. This weekend is also our church festival. It will be a busy weekend but fun.

7 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Glad your eyes are feeling better.

COngrats to your son for a winning game!

Elle*Bee said...

Thanks, Jen!

Sue said...

Hooray for happy eyes!

And dumb question - what is Records Day?

Lala's world said...

glad your eye is better, my mom just went thru this and she was in so much pain!

it's our thanksgiving this weekend, so I am looking forward to a LOT of turkey!!!

Nadine said...

I'm glad your eyes are feeling better. That would be painful I would imagine.

Congratulations to your son's team on their win.

Shionge said...

Thanks for the update and that your eyes are getting now. Have a fun filled week ya :D

Elle*Bee said...

sue, Records Day is actually a half day in which the teachers enter report cards grades into the system. They combine it with Professional Development Day (for teachers) so the kids get off a whole day at the end of the grading period.

lala, I hope you mom is feeling better. Fortunately for me, it's not very painful anymore except occasionally if I watch too much TV or look at the computer monitor too long...something about the lights.

Hi nadine - hope you're getting settled in your new home.

Thanks, shionge!