Saturday, February 09, 2008

General Updates

Son #3 finally recovered from his bout with the flu (see previous post). He was feeling better by Tuesday, but still had a fever through Thursday. He was feeling well enough to go camping with Dear Hubby, Son #2 and friends of the family. The state park is less than 5 miles away so if Son #3 starts to feel bad, it's no problem for me to go pick him up.

Son #1 opted not to go camping, saying he'd rather stay home and "help Mom." Yeah, right. Here's what I think the deal is: when camping, things start winding down around 9 - 10 p.m. or so. Early, by my little night owl's standards. Tonight - Saturday - is the last night Son #1 can stay up late before returning to school on Monday.

The kids have been out of school this past week because of the Mardi Gras holiday. Good timing with the flu - Son #3 only missed one day of school (last Friday before the break). And no one else managed to get sick (yay!). I think Son #1 wants to stay up late and sleep in a bit tomorrow (we can attend a later mass). Dear Hubby and his brothers will undoubtedly turn it relatively early and wake up shortly after dawn.

Son #1 and I ran a lot of errands. We dropped off the newspaper recycling, drove to two electronics stores attempting to locate a Nintendo DS for Son #3's upcoming birthday to no avail. (The only color we can find in pink, which wouldn't work for my little guy. The new color - Cobalt blue with black - is being released by Nintendo tomorrow if anyone cares. I ended up ordering it online.)

We also went to Home Depot to price a replacement set of landscaping lights. We stopped by the Christian bookstore to buy a gift, the bank ATM to get cash, Wendy's drive-thru for lunch, the shoe store (to buy two pairs of Crocs one for Son #2 - his broke - and the other for my father-in-law's upcoming birthday), Bed Bath & Beyond to do a little research, Barnes & Noble to peek through some books while enjoying a mocha (me) and hot chocolate (Son #1), Michaels Craft Stores (to use my 40% off coupon that expires today), the store to buy milk and finally home.

I asked Son #1 if he wishes he were camping and he said "no" so apparently we're not working hard enough. That's okay, though. I have an exciting evening of laundry and lasagna-making planned. :-)

We essentially accomplished all the little errands I thought we'd do this past week before being waylaid by the flu.


Shionge said...

Whoa what a day huh Elle...all the shops that I am so familiar with when I was there...I wanna go shopping with you too :D

John McElveen said...


Sorry about the "BUG". We are getting killed at Urgent Scare with it! Hope you and the boys are recovering nicely!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Blessings to you and Healing as well.

Love in Christ,


Elle*Bee said...

You're welcome to shop with me anytime, shionge! :-)

Thanks for stopping by, john. Actually, it's quite amazing that as sick as little guy was, everyone else in the house seemed to dodge it. (still knocking wood, though).

Nadine said...

I'm glad son #3 is finally feeling better. This flu that has been going around has been fierce.

Elle*Bee said...

yes, nadine. I just read in today's paper that there are two mutated strains in addition to the one they prepared the vaccine for. Yikes!